Rosehill Intermediate School
A small but lively group from the cluster turned up to the last meeting of the year. A huge thank you to Rosehill Intermediate for hosting and for a fantastic afternoon tea. From the start there was a lively discussion around the following topics/products/services.
The suggestion was to set up internal firewalls once we have wireless - not rely Watchdog etc especially once students start bringing their own devices.
Advice and suggestions around BYOB bring your own browser
- see volume purchase programme below
- place apps on iTunes accounts
- app place workload
- work back from the learning outcome, what app would be best to achieve this.
- flip Blooms Taxonomy
- mobile device management - for school apps
- Apple only mdm
- Hosted mdm (expensive)
- purchase shared apps as part of class stationery
- governance pov not allowed to touch others byod.
- contents insurance covers it.
- different models eg buying off a trust.
- Starwalker app
Worth reading through and seeing where your school lies within the matrix. Then compare as you are further along your e-Learning journey
School Facebook Page - a powerful way for the greater school community to be aware of what is happening in and around school.
- easy to sign up then...
- 50% discount when you buy 20 + apps.
- apple apps eg pages, keynote, etc, some smaller ones have not opted in.
- every time you use an app 5 x, a message is sent to apple.
- charge as part of stationery.