Thanks for hosting
Some of the challenges teachers face
- hard to plan, collaborate and co-construct
- hard to use ICT effectively
- hard to find stuff - on servers, email...
- callenged by variations in location, device, software etc
- overwhelmed by the technology
Some of the challenges students face
- sometimes ICT encourages the behaviours we DON'T want or value
- hard to access at school
- easy to access at home
- hard to find stuff
- challenged by variations in location
We should meet the learner where they are at!
We should be doing less better.
3 forms of resource in schools
- good will / motivation
ICT can either grow these resources or burn them all, at a terrifying rate!
Makes things more secure and easier to access
Chrome - Advantages
- less confusion
- can sign in - gmail, chrome (data follows into any computer)
- Settings - where downloads, download to; set pages for start up;
- more secure than the server
- things can be in multiple locations
Need to effectively teach students digital citizenship
- online 'Finder'
- able to give feedback -
- saves as you go. Cannot lose your work.
- collaborate on a document
- editing Word docs - go to word, file, new, save as,
Only 3 things to sign into - mail, chrome, google app
Mark Treadwell "Whatever!" 2007 - S Shape curve
If you want to go quickly go alone. If you want to go far go together. - African Proverb
We need to go far.... and quickly - teachers
Quick Office - for iPads to open Word docs.